Friday, September 19, 2008

From the Bedside

Had a nice day. The staff here have been wonderful. Just the right mix of attentiveness and letting me do things for myself.

Robin and my father spent a few hours visiting with me this am. My brother also dropped by with an order of Pad Thai on his lunch. That hit the spot! Talking about food; either we have changed suppliers, or the steroids are really messing with me, as the food is not too bad.

Recovery goes well. Some visual disturbances in the right hand fields, but they were expected and not too bad. I find I need my reading glasses to accomplish anything. Good thing I relented and brought them along. Up and about most of the afternoon after the Neurosurgeon came by and gave his OK for the removal of all the various appliances that were plugged into me. Since then I have been basically up and about and left to my own devices. Not free yet, but getting there. Speaking of freedom, I am scheduled for discharge to home tomorrow morning. All we need is the final clearance from the covering Surgeon.

Just finished up with a group of co-workers who came across the Bay after work to drop in. Thanks Guys! It was great to see and talk with you!

Well, time for my evening constitutional. At least I can see the places where I "grew up" outside the windows. Not as good as being there, but still helps this place feel less foreign.

Take care.

2 comments:

AmberWilliams said...

Francis-
I am a close friend of your sister's, yes your sister Deirdre. She asked that I check out your blog and I must add that u are extensivly informational in your writings.Thank you for that. I just lost my brother in law to a rare lypo-sarcoma, and was right by his side for his entire journey. So I can empathize with where you are currently. I attended your mother's funeral- I only say that so that so u might remember me. I am praying for u and know that GOD has a plan always. Please keep me in the loop so that I can update Deirdre. Look forward to hearing from you.

Amber Williams

Francis said...

Hey Amber. Of course I remember you. Thanks for keeping D in the loop. Siobhan mentioned to me that she had tracked D down and let her know, as I can't find her *&^#@* phone number. Ah well, getting old and forgetful I guess.