Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Side Effects Begin

Well, the real side effects are beginning. Today I awoke and my mouth felt like crap. So much for hoping that lots of water would help with the oral mucosa changes. Everything tastes pretty nasty, kinda metallic and my mouth is very sensitive to anything acidic or spicy. The headache and the spacey feeling continue, but seem to be less today.

Robin is holding up well to all the stress, and I *think* I am as well. Leastways, nobody is calling me an asshole.

The kids are just fabulous, and completely oblivious. Nothing seems to intrude into their world of play, Kung Fu, and swim lessons...except for the occasional bath. I hope that we can keep them in the dark for as long as possible. The other day we decided that when we register them for the First grade we will request that they be in the same classroom. We had previously decided that this was the year to split them up, but now that seems like too much for them or us to handle. Everytime I look at them I am reminded of how little time I may have left with them, and just want to lose it. Yet everytime I look at them I am reminded of how much I have to live for, and decide that anything I am going through is trivial compared to what I owe them.

I have always loved my family, and vowed to do anything for them. It seems that I will have to simply just live. Something comforting in that thought, but I'll be damned if I can figure out why.

No comments: