Friday, August 29, 2008

End of the First Round

It has been quite a day. I took the last dose of the first cycle of Sutent this morning. Now I get to look forward to the gradual decrease of the side effects and about 10 days being able to eat. I intend to gorge myself.

I had pretty much resigned myself to watching a boring Presidential race, with two teams of Senators--none of whom have any sort of Executive experience--trying to out do each other. Boy was I wrong! Saw the speech by Sarah Palin this am. She Rocks! I have a feeling that she will upset many apple carts before this is all over... At least now there will be someone who actually has done things, rather than telling others how to do things!

Did anyone catch the immediate response by the Obama crowd? “Today, John McCain put the former mayor of a town of 9,000 with zero foreign policy experience a heartbeat away from the presidency.” Last I looked, the only way she could be put a "heartbeat" away from the Presidency would be for McCain to be the President, not just a candidate. So, does that mean that the Obama campaign has conceeded defeat? Or, that they just can not write using proper english...

I also find it interesting that their first response makes it seem that towns of 9,000 do not count for anything. Last time I looked there were more small towns in america than large towns. Careful whom you insult Barack, your words may come back to bite you!

As for the foreign policy experience, let's see. So far we have 3 Senators--they get to vote on treaties, not make treaties. Their committees get to vote on appropriations, not decide the policies and priorities that determine the appropriation requests. Let's see, that primarily makes their experience that of saying "Yes" or "No" to other people's decisions on both foreign AND domestic policy. On the other hand, we have the Governor of the one state in the Union whose only land border is with a foreign country. One of only two states in the union that shares no borders with the "Lower 48". Seems to me that Sarah potentially has more experience dealing with foreign nations--especially on matters of trade and energy policy--than all three of the other candidates combined!

On to other news of the day. The mouth is much better today, no Benadryl since last noc and it is still getting better. The work gang sent me a "bouquet" of balloons congratulating me on completing the first round of the Sutent (THANKS Guys!). We are looking forward to going to Penn Valley this weekend for our nephew's birthday.

Enjoy the holiday.

No comments: