Saturday, August 23, 2008

Looking For A Second Opinion

After thinking about things, and doing a little research, Robin and I are convinced that we need to get a second opinion on the treatment, even if only to confirm the current one. So, if anybody out there knows of a good Oncologist in California with experience treating Renal Carcinoma, we would like to hear.

It has been a relatively nice week, with letters from friends and a nice time with my dad. He brought by a copy of a lecture on evolution and divine providence from UCB done by John Haught, it is supposed to be well done and quite entertaining. Something to watch next week while the kids are at school.

Side effects are still annoying, with the left lower wisdom tooth socket now swelling and painful since yesterday. But, now I know what it is filled with. It seems to be some form of blood blister. The labs for the week are mostly OK, but the platelets are down to the 120's. Kinda worrisome.

Week four of the chemo starts today. I am looking forward to the med vacation, if only to give my mouth a chance to heal and get a ton of food into me!

No comments: