Thursday, October 9, 2008

Just a Tiny Little Pin-Prick

I saw the Neurosurgeon today for my follow-up.  Nothing earth shattering there, the wound is basically healed, and the remaining visual changes should resolve over the next month.  He did mention in passing a new mets that was seen on the post-op MRI of the brain on 9/25.  Evidently it is in the Temporal Lobe and about 0.5cm across.  This one will be left for the CyberKnife folks to deal with on Monday at Stanford.  Nothing like letting me know in a timely manner...  I wonder if that mets might be the cause of the Right Temporal Headache I had the other day?  The surgeon was pretty unimpressed...

He also mentioned that he has no idea where the hand cramps are coming from.  Why do all the docs say that?  Since I can so easily reproduce it by using chopsticks I'll chalk it up as a repetitive stress injury thing.

After the Neuro visit we raced over to Hayward to go see the general surgeon and have the barometer lesion removed.  All told they took out a chunk of my scalp about the size of the last joint in my thumb.  Call it 2.5cm x 1.5cm x 1cm.  If this is anything like the first excision it will end up hurting more than the craniotomy did, once the local anaesthetic wears off.  Now, where did I put those Percocet tabs?

Still waiting for the reading of the full spine MRI that was done on Tuesday--I guess I'll rattle the cages of a couple of people and see what shakes out.

Dad came down yesterday to bop around with us and keep me company during the appointments today.  He just jetted off because he has to be home by morning.  Sure is nice to have family around.

Time now to go get the kids from school.  Take care.

1 comment:

Shirley Gaye said...

Hi Francis,

Here's hoping you have received the results of the full-spine MRI by now.

You're right, it's nice to have family around.

Shirley Gaye