Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sleepless in Castro Valley

Just a quick update while I wrestle with insomnia...I received a phone call from the Cyberknife folks late yesterday afternoon--tip for others out there: trying to locate items in a newly remodelled Safeway while noting appointments and talking on the phone does not work. I must have cruised the same aisles three or four times while trying to do both. I guess my sister in law is right, that Y chromosome prevents multi-tasking!

It seems that I have an 0800 appointment this morning (nothing like a timely warning) for the simulation and target scanning; then treatment appointments for Monday and Tuesday. Of course, the follow up email from the Treatment Coordinator has to confuse all of that, as it also mentions a treatment appointment on Friday. Not very confidence building. Ah well, all I know is that Robin and I will be at the Cancer Center at 0800 to sign in and start the day. The Treatment Coordinator tells me that today's appointments will last about 4 hours, so I think I'll bring my netbook along and surf. Yes, Stanford has free WiFi for the public to use.

Other news from the trenches: The various docs have finally agreed, and I am back on the Sutent as of yesterday morning. Too early to tell what the side effects will be this time around, other than nasty indigestion at 0330 in the morning.

Well, time to see if the Zantac is working and try to get back to bed. But first I'll have a bit of a snack as I am not supposed to eat anything after 0400 today (part of the preparation for the morning CT and MRI scans). Gotta keep the weight up...

Take care.

No comments: