Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Bit of Good News

It has been awhile, and for that I apologize. What with Christmas and appointments and side effects I have basically ignored everything. But, there is good news.

First, let's review the Bone Scan results...nothing new there, except that what I thought was a fracture in my right foot way back when truly was. Yep, dropping a motorcycle on your foot will break the foot. The scan confirmed all of the existing mets and found nothing new. Damn good news.

In the intervening time I also had an MRI of the Brain and Spine--to check the results of the CyberKnife treatment--and all of the lesions have gone from small and dense to diffuse and larger. Before anyone freaks out, this is GOOD. As the lesions are treated and die they will result in some inflammation of the surrounding areas, and the tumor core will be "attenuated" on the scans. This has all happened; so things are good. The plan is to wait for another three months and see what happens.

As for the left thigh pain, that has been confirmed as a mets. I am currently undergoing full radiation therapy to the thigh for this, and should be done in about eight days. Seems to be working, as the stress related pain in my thigh is gone. Course, there is a downside, as my left leg feel decidedly weaker. Ah well.

That brings up an odd experience. The rad techs swore that I would noitice nothing, but yesterday when they blasted my leg every hair stood up like they were all charged...so much for them saying that "non-ionized" radiation has no ionizing effects. Of course, the techs think that I am nuts, but I know what I saw and felt.

Monday I have the Neck to Nuts CT; so we will see what the rest of my body is doing. Assuming that the scan shows a positive progression in the tumors, I will then have the Primary Tumor in my left kidney removed. Here's hoping.

As for the side effects; food sucks, but I am still keeping my weight stable.

If it were not for Robin and the kids I would probably have given up by now, but I cannot let myself do that. They are my life.

Happy New Year to all, and to all a good night.

Be well.

No comments: