Friday, January 30, 2009

Another Quick Update

Been quite a week, as I related earlier. The latest news is that SoCal has accepted the referral for the IFN/IL2 therapy.

Note, that does not mean that I will be getting the therapy, only that they will consider the request. Before I really hit the winnowing process there are some tests that have to be done. First, I have to have a Treadmill Stress Test. This is where they make you runn your butt off, and take a bunch of electrocardiograms while you do it, The aim is to see if you have any cardiac disease. My test will be a bit different, as the Orthopaedic Oncologist does not want me running--he wants to keep the stress on my left femur as low as possible, so I will have a pharmacologicic stress test..Currently scheduled for next Friday, so more to report then. I will also have to undergo a Pulmonary Function test--they will see how much air I can move and how well my lungs function--before the referral will be formally accepted. But hey, one step at a time. Assuming that I pass the tests, I will then have to travel to SoCal for the full consultation. One step at a time.

For now, things are going well. The chest pain gets better every day, and the nausea/vommitting from the weekly chemo infusions has not started up...yet.

Have a good weekend all, and Go Cardinals! Remember, it is the little things that matter to those around us.

Be well..

No comments: