Friday, July 25, 2008

Some more answers

Saw the Urologist today. Seems that he has also had Kidney cancer many years ago. Go figure the odds of that.

Turns out that the cancer is not just in the kidneys. There is also metastasis to the bone--
on the process of L1 in my spine--and possibly to my lungs. Time for another CT, this time of the chest. The Uro is unwilling to commit to any course of treatment; it seems that I will have to work through the Oncologist for that. He does promise that if I need surgery he can have me on the table the same day that I call him.

The Oncologist appointment that I made will have to be cancelled. The Uro has a different one that he wants me to see. Ah well, more waiting. At least I can work on the scan while I wait for an appointment.

At least Robin was with me to hear all the news. It makes it easier.

The boss is back on Monday, so today is the last real day that I have to cover the department. Didn't really work today, so I guess this is the first "official" day of my medical leave. We'll see how long it takes me to go stark, raving mad sitting at home. As I recall, after my back surgery 6 years ago it took about 2 weeks for me to lose it...

No comments: