Thursday, July 31, 2008

Friends Helping Friends

A friend of ours at the hospital heard about the MRI need and managed to get us on the schedule for today, so the MRI is already done. Yeah! Now all we need is a reading so that the Onc can pick a treatment plan. Also had the LDH and other labs drawn while at the hospital.

I've had many MRI's of my spine over the years, but today's was the hardest. For some reason I basically lost it in the scanner. It just got into my head that the inside of the tube looked like a coffin, and that I was going to be buried alive and no one would notice it. Suddenly, I just had to leave, and I mean right now. My chest got tight, I couldn't breathe; it was awful This all hit about halfway through the test, and when the tech mentioned that we would soon be ready to inject and redo the scans I almost hauled my butt out of the tube then and there. I managed to hold it somewhat together for the next 10 minutes of the scan, and then the tech came on the intercom and said that the radiologist had decided not to do a contrast study. My god, I almost cried when they pulled me out of the tube.

I will never, ever, get into a MRI again without sedation. I can still close my eyes and feel the walls of the tube squeezing me out of existence...

No comments: