Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Hammer Falls

Got another of those infamous calls from the doctor today. This time it was suggested that I bring my wife. And come right away.

Turns out that the cancer is in my left and right kidneys. The tumor on the left side is about 9 cm. The tumors on the right side are both 1 cm or less. I will need to see the Urologist and the Oncologist ASAP. My Doctor has called them, and wants to know if I am free Friday. What can I say to that? "No, I have more important things that my life to deal with right now?"

Time for more waiting. At least I will also get the stitches from the scalp wounds on friday. Maybe I can pick the Surgeon's brain then.

My wife still does not seem to really "get it". Ah well, denial is a wonderful thing, and we all process things at our own pace.

No comments: